Ok so most of you have listen to the tid bits of where I am and what I do but I haven't gone into much detail. If I had a camera I would gladly post pictures but I don't. So I'll try to describe a little better of what I do everyday and how it's like.
I currently take classes at the old MAMC which is a very old hospital that they don't use anymore. If you guys know anything about hospitals, you might know sections of hospitals are sometimes referred as ramps. Well, this one is so old, they actually do have ramps. It's also only one floor so it can take you up to 15 minutes to get somewhere. Heating is done through radiators and what's really cool is you get to see an abandoned asylum. It's just like how they show it in the movies. Pretty neato. So this is where I take classes.
As for where I do my clinicals, I have two spots. There's the new MAMC which is like a super awesome hospital and there's well the VA hospital which is the normal run down VA piece of crap. I haven't been there but I hear it's horrible. Now, usually I just go to the hospital to eat and get my mail. However, occasionally I run into really awkward situations. Today, the I got into a crowded elevator. This old lady was telling me to watch out because there was here pregnant daughter behind her. Well, of course I move but I couldn't help noticing she was breathing really fast and about to go to labor. I'm serious, this Lieutenant was joking to me when we got off saying, she was about to pop one out right there. And apparently there's a crazy outbreak of MRSA. Not really afraid of it but they're making us be extra careful now.
So the last two days has been really cold. However, it's also been the only sunny days here. As for anything I need outside of class and work, it's miles away. It took me an hour to walk to the PX (basically our wal-mart). I spend most of my days just playing video games and watching TV. The gym is near by and I play every Tuesday with my classmates. The people I play with are all 6'+. Couple of them are pretty good and couple more are pretty solid. One of them played for college so he's pretty good.
As you guys know, I really like this place, but I do miss my friends. What's funny is people here think I'm pretty cool. I mean, I'm still the slacker/dork. Like today, people wanted me to run for Student Council Presidency. I'm like err... I'm really bad at that and is this a joke? I'll do like treasurey or something or food handler or something but president is gay. Anyways, this is my update
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ooo...food handler, I like that one!
You can get cheap digital cameras. Get married and you can buy a digital camera. Better yet, you can just register for one!
and the VA in Houston is anything but a piece of crap...
I know you like it up there, but come home. There's no place like Texas.
and I don't think I get to do my clinicals in San Jose in the fall =(
I had no clue you were going to San Jose. Somebody wasn't in the loop.
Post a Comment